There’s nothing quite like the thrill of playing live blackjack – face to face with a real dealer and the power to choose whether to hit or stand. Although other table games come down to luck alone, blackjack strategies can affect the odds of whether you win or lose each hand. These days, blackjack isn’t reserved for those who attend brick-built casinos. In fact, online casinos are more accessible than ever before and provide a range of blackjack variants.
Best Live Blackjack Sites
The casino providers listed on this site have been chosen with our team’s best effort to ensure relevance and suitability to the user. We monitor the performance and reputation of all providers on an on-going basis and adjust our lists to provide value to the user. In addition to this, where we receive compensation from operators in order to maintain a free service, this compensation may affect the operators listed and the position in which they appear.
- Online Casino
- Min. Deposit
- Welcome Bonus
- Our Score
- Sign-up Link
Live vs RNG Blackjack
Live and RNG blackjack provides two vastly different experiences. However, it’s worth pointing out that you’re no less likely to win with random number generator (RNG) blackjack assuming that the casino you’re playing at is licenced. Nevertheless, there are a couple of major differences between the two:
When it comes to online live dealer blackjack, the player is provided with an experience that mimics that of a brick-built casino. You’re faced with a real dealer, placing cards on a real table, with a realistic casino backdrop, and can even interact with the dealer and other players.
However, you’re also forced to play at the dealer’s speed in real-time, and there is a time limit on making decisions such as hit or stand. Although the level of immersion is high, you have less control over the pace of your game.
On the contrary, RNG versions of blackjack do not have a real dealer, a real table, or a realistic casino backdrop, and you can’t interact with a dealer or other players. Instead, the software deals cards and randomly dictates what cards you and the dealer are dealt.
However, RNG blackjack does allow you to play at your own pace. There’s no time limit on making decisions so it can be a much more casual way to play.
Live Blackjack on Mobile
Technological advances in casino software, internet speeds, and mobile devices have paved the way for live blackjack on mobile to be a viable, immersive experience. These days, many casinos offer mobile-friendly live tables or even dedicated apps for players to take advantage of.
Of course, you’ll need a high-speed internet connection to reap the full benefits of live blackjack on your mobile device, but you can now play live blackjack from the comfort of your own home or when you’re out and about.
Live Blackjack Variations
If you’re looking to spice things up a little, then there are several live dealer blackjack variations to try out at different casinos:
• Infinite Blackjack – An unlimited number of players can join the live blackjack table. You’ll share the same cards as other players in the same seat but will make independent choices when it comes to hit or stand, and so on.
• Blackjack Party – Standard live dealer blackjack but with a fun vibe, multiple hosts, exciting chat, and side games.
• Salon Privé Blackjack – High-end VIP live dealer blackjack with large bankroll requirements and big maximum bets.
• Free Bet Blackjack – Standard live dealer blackjack but with free splits and double downs.
Of course, there are other variations of live blackjack and new formats are being added regularly across different online casinos that keep the experience entertaining.
The great news for players is that casinos that offer live dealer blackjack often hand out a variety of bonuses to keep you entertained and coming back for more, including:
• Matched Deposit Bonuses – With this kind of bonus, players will receive bonus funds that partially or fully match their deposit value.
• No Deposit Bonuses – On the contrary, this kind of bonus is handed out to players without the need for them to deposit any money.
It’s worth checking the terms and conditions of bonuses because they will contain rules, any wagering requirements, maximum stakes, game limitations, and so on.
How to Play
Live dealer blackjack is a simple game to play. The aim of the game is to get closer to 21 than the dealer. If you go over 21, you bust and lose the hand.
• Numbered cards carry their face value (2-10)
• Jacks, Queens, and Kings are worth 10
• Aces are worth either 1 or 11 depending on what is best for your hand
Here’s how a basic hand of live blackjack is played:
1. The player chooses a stake and confirms the bet.
2. The player is dealt 2 cards. Both are face up.
3. The dealer is also dealt 2 cards. Only 1 is face up.
4. If the player has Blackjack (21), the dealer’s face-down card is turned over to compare scores. Anything less than Blackjack means the player wins the hand. If the dealer also has Blackjack, the hand is a draw, and the player receives their stake back.
5. If the player does not have Blackjack, they must choose how to proceed. The standard choices are hit, where the player will receive another card, or stand, where the player receives no more cards. The player can continue to hit until the hand values 21, they choose to stand, or they bust.
6. Once the player decides to stand, the dealer’s face-down card is turned over to compare scores. The dealer must continue to hit until they achieve a score of 17 or above.
7. Whoever finishes with a hand closest to 21 wins.
There are a couple of other things that can happen in a hand of blackjack. For example, a player can choose to double down – this means the bet is doubled and the player is automatically drawn one more card only. Likewise, a player can choose to split if they have been dealt a pair – this then becomes 2 separate hands that are played at the same time.
Technological advances have led to much more immersive live dealer blackjack experiences and, in turn, new casino sites are popping up regularly. The great news for live blackjack players is that new sites tend to push the boat out and bring out new variations of games. They also like to welcome new players through their doors with bonuses, so there are often new promotions to take part in.
Live blackjack games are made possible by software providers. There are several of these that deal with live casino games, but the following are a few of the most popular:
When you play games at a live blackjack casino, your experience is driven by software providers that push through HD camera feeds with a variety of angles, immersive casino backdrops, numerous games hosted by a range of live dealers, and 24/7 access.
Can You Talk to the Live Dealer?
Yes. The best live blackjack tables will offer a chat function where you can talk to the dealer as you are playing.
Do Online Live Casinos Have Betting Limits?
Yes. Each live casino will outline their betting limit terms and conditions. There are often limits applicable to individual live blackjack tables, too.
Can You Use a Smartphone to Play on Live Casinos?
Yes. Most modern live casinos will provide a mobile optimised service or even a dedicated app.