With an array of casino sites to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start when it comes to finding the best place to play. Most casino sites will cater to a variety of interests – slots, table games, live dealer games, and even party games. This is great as casino games are becoming increasingly accessible, but it also makes it trickier to pick out the best online casino as players are now spoiled for choice.
Best Online Casino Sites
CasinoSelect compares dozens of casino sites to help you find the best casino for you.
Top 10 Online Casinos for South Africa
There is more to casino sites than the games they offer and, sometimes, other aspects can be even more important when trying to find the best online casino. With that in mind, this guide will provide you with the information required to narrow down your options to just the best casino sites around.
The casino providers listed on this site have been chosen with our team’s best effort to ensure relevance and suitability to the user. We monitor the performance and reputation of all providers on an on-going basis and adjust our lists to provide value to the user. In addition to this, where we receive compensation from operators in order to maintain a free service, this compensation may affect the operators listed and the position in which they appear.
- Online Casino
- Min. Deposit
- Welcome Bonus
- Our Score
- Sign-up Link
What Makes a Top Casino
If you’re someone who enjoys playing online casino games, you’ll want to find somewhere that provides opportunities to play table games such as roulette, blackjack, and baccarat, but also offers an array of immersive slots and live dealer games. In truth, most modern casino sites will provide at least some of these games, but there are a few other features to look out for when searching for the best casino site.
- Popular Deposit Methods – Providing players with a range of deposit methods makes casino gaming more accessible. Some of the most reputable online casinos allow players to deposit by debit card, credit card, bank transfer, PayPal and other eWallets, and even cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.
- No Deposit or Withdrawal Fees – These can eat into your potential wins and many of the best online casinos will not charge their players for the luxury of depositing or withdrawing money into their account.
- Large Range of Exciting Casino Games – If you’re looking for the best casino site, you should expect to see a lot of different games. There should be something people who enjoy slots, table games, live dealer casino games, and so on. Games should also be added regularly to give players more reasons to log back in and play.
- Variety of Different Game Providers – Software developers create immersive games for online casinos. The best casino site will host games from a range of popular software developers, such as NetEnt, Playtech, and Microgaming.
- Mobile-Friendly Games – Technological advances have paved the way for players to enjoy online casinos on their mobile devices. As such, casino sites should provide mobile-friendly games and/or a dedicated app for players to use.
- Licenced Operation and Customer Support – A business cannot be considered the best casino site without a reputable license as this keeps things fair for players. Likewise, customer support should be available to resolve any issues that may arise.
- New and Existing Customer Bonuses – These make online casinos even more fun and are a great way to keep existing customers coming back for more and tempting new players to join.
Of course, the most important part of casino sites is that they provide an immersive experience to players. Some of the best online casinos remain up to date by regularly adding new slots and table games that keep things feeling fresh.
Legality of Online Casinos in South Africa
Gambling in South Africa can appear tricky because the National Gambling Act of 2004 banned online gambling in the country. Likewise, the law was updated in 2011 to confirm that gambling is illegal within the borders of South Africa.
However, although casinos are banned in South Africa, the law only targets the casino operators themselves and the banks that process deposit and withdrawal payments for them. South African players themselves have never been the target of the law and this has led to a couple of things occurring:
- External Operator Location – Some online casinos have decided to offer casino facilities to the South African market but are located far enough away to not be within the catchment area of the South African National Gambling Act of 2004.
- South African Friendly Casinos – Likewise, some foreign operators understand that South African players are unable to play at online casinos located within their own country. As such, they often provide bonuses that are directed at South African players specifically and even allow for deposits and withdrawals in Rands.
If you’re planning to register for a casino site account and are in South Africa, then you should make sure that the operator is fully licenced and not breaking any laws in their country of occupancy.
Likewise, any such casino should contain the above features to make sure you’re being provided with the best experience possible. Although casino sites cannot operate within South Africa itself, many casinos in other locations offer accounts to South African players. There is no need to sign up for the first casino you see, and South African players should still be on the lookout for the best casino site available.
How We Review the Best Online Casinos
Although there are lots of online casinos to play at, not all of them live up to the expectations of the best casino sites around. Understanding what features are important when looking for an online casino will lead to a more enjoyable experience all round.
However, features that appeal to one player may not be of much interest to another. Nevertheless, there are several qualities that we look for when recommending casino sites:
- Bonuses – If you’re playing at the best casino site, you expect to see a range of bonuses that both new players and existing customers are eligible to take part in. We look to identify promotions such as welcome bonuses, free spins, no deposit bonuses, cashback, reload offers, and VIP perks.
- Range of Games – The best casino site would be expected to provide a lot of different games such as table games like blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and their live dealer counterparts. However, it should also have lots of immersive slots that contain exciting features.
- Deposit and Withdrawal Methods – Accessibility is at the forefront of our recommendations. That’s why we’re keen to rate casino sites that provide easy deposit and withdrawal methods highly. Some of the common deposit options should include debit card, credit card, bank transfer, PayPal and other eWallets. It’s also important to find online casinos that have short withdrawal times.
- Software Providers – When it comes to creating the best casino games around, some software providers stand out more than others. At the best casino site, you’d expect to see games by NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution, Playtech, and so on.
- Responsible Gambling – Although casino sites understandably want people to register, deposit money, and make bets, they should be keen to push through the idea of responsible gambling. For example, online casinos may offer direct links to helplines for those who have a gambling problem or addiction. Likewise, there should be on-site features such as self-exclusion, time-out, deposit and loss limits, reality checks, and product blocking.
- License and Customer Support – Online casinos don’t have a chance of being considered the best casino site with a reputable gambling license. These are important because they lead provide regulations and testing that keep things fair for players. Likewise, it’s important to have a good line of customer support in case any issues arise.